Did you lose some important files on your Window PC or Mac ? Are you worried that you will never get them back? Well, the first step is choosing the best data recovery program to help you get your files back. Of course, with there being so many programs for file recovery on the internet, it might be hard to find the right one. Here are some useful tips to help you find the best one.
Before settling on any data recovery program, you need to consider the capabilities. For instance, can the software recover permanently deleted files? Can the application retrieve data from deleted or reassigned partitions? Is it possible to recover data from a formatted drive or partition? Finally, can the application retrieve data from the RAW drive?
A good file recovery application should be able to meet all the above requirements. That’s because you might need it for a different reason today and for an entirely new one tomorrow. On the other hand, the application should also be able to recover files from hard drives with bad sector.
Although most PC’s don’t use (redundant array of independent disks) RAID, it’s always good to find recovery software that is compatible with the feature. Note that, most of the applications don’t support recovery from computers using RAID. Finally, the recovery application should be consistent with whatever hardware you’re using for the best results.
A few recovery applications come with the following useful features.
- Disk Imaging– Using this feature, you can image the entire hard disk or a particular section. Using the image file, the software can recover any deleted files. The feature comes in handy for hard drives with sectors that have been physically damaged. On the other hand, the feature allows you to migrate all the data from the damaged drive to an entirely new one.
- Recovering Files From Unbootable Drives – If your computer is not booting correctly, you should find recovery software that allows you to recover files effortlessly. Such an application should come with a bootable CD, enabling you to boot the computer from it.
- Network Recovery – With this feature, you can recover files from another computer that is remotely close to another one or connected through a network. It comes in handy if you don’t have direct access to the damaged hard drive. The network recovery feature is essential for those using cloud storage services.
- File Systems Support – Most of the recovery applications on the internet are compatible with unique file systems such as FAT or NTFS. However, if you have another file system, you should look for a recovery application that supports it.
- Search Option – In most cases, hard drives store a lot of data. Therefore, if you’re looking for a particular file, it would be difficult going through all the files on the hard drive. On the other hand, it would take some time to recover all the files on the damaged hard disk. Therefore, choose a file recovery application with a search option for the best results.